Saturday 18 August 2012

IF I EVER LOVED. by; Bright Owusu

If I ever loved,
I would dare pluck heaven's glory for you
I would inflict your being with pains of success
But when night is bereft of the moon's splendor,
And the clergy of their clerical suit,
Realities entangle imaginations in the web of wishes

If I ever loved,
I would dare pluck Cupid's wings for you
I would drain and instil in your veins bouquet of trust
But when oceans are robbed of sand dunes,
And gardens of rosebuds,
Desire locks choices behind the bars of free-will

If I ever loved,
I would dare with Lucifer's voice sing
I would scrub and infuse in your mind thoughts of assurance
But when dawn is axed of tears,
And flowers in June of bloom,
Yearnings sink abilities in the stream of forgetfulness.

2 comments:

  1. Why are you lying to the girl like that, eh Bright? When you see Lucifer right now, won't you run away?

    You know that line is my favorite, don't you? very bright piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that's if I ever loved any woman. Now I don't. If I find that lucky girl, even if I should wrestle with Lucifer to gain his voice, why not? I wont lie, pleeeeeeeeeeeease

    ReplyDelete